Reporting directly to the Vice President, the General Manager will lead the development, coordination, and execution of our sales and marketing strategies within the promotional products industry. This position will be responsible for all areas of our business including sales, advertising, and customer service. The key to this role is strategic innovation to differentiate us from other suppliers in the space. Main duties will include customer acquisition, conversion, and retention efforts in all channels, as well as distributor research, communications, PR, channel development, and related growth initiatives. Other responsibilities include management of the inside sales and customer service teams, building an outside sales force, website developments and improvements, and industry marketing efforts.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Build a cutting edge sales and marketing organization utilizing our specialists in areas such as Call Center Operations, User Experience, Personalization, Analytics and Marketing Channel Management.
- Own strategic research and drive innovation to differentiate our brand vs other suppliers in the competitive space
- Develop, execute, and refine optimal marketing and brand positioning strategies and priorities. Manage existing industry marketing channels while developing new programs contributing toward growth and customer retention.
- Ensure the marketing budget is being spent in the most effective manner, in particular optimizing paid search through industry channels within ASI and SAGE.
- Implementing a consistent marketing effort across the industry print publications andemail channels.
- Increase repeat purchase rates and average order size.
- Working closely with the Vice President, Customer Service, and Inside Sales for planning, execution, and optimization of the marketing plan. This includes management of marketing and sales forecasts.
- Develop and enhance models for lifetime value, personalization, segmentation, and loyalty development.
- Identify and develop programs that ensure customer acquisition and retention strategies, effectively reach and engage prospective customers through industry search engines, email campaigns, mobile, social/viral networking, and other emerging channels.
- Research, identify, create, and protect overall brand strategy and competitive positioning.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Marketing to improve end-to-end web experience
- Oversee industry public relations initiatives as well as brand advertising through the appropriate channels.
- Build and lead sales team in high performance culture with integrity and character as the basis for development. This position will develop talented individuals toward long-term sustainable success.
- Develop a commission based sales incentive plan for the sales associates.
- Responsible for the establishment of monthly and annual sales objectives in coordination with the company’s business plan.
- Establish both market and target customer strategies for the company together with executive management.
- Promo Manager
- Promo Supervisor
- Promo Sales & Customer Service teams
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Increase YoY revenue by 15% in 2017
- Build and train the sales and customer service team to provide an industry leading experience
- Improve the end to end sales to ship processes and increase automation
- Create innovative and impactful advertising strategies across multiple channels
- Raise industry ratings to 5 star in both ASI and SAGE
- Track and increase customer satisfaction, retention and lifetime value
- Develop the metrics to measure the effectiveness of the marketing spend
- Implement website improvements and developments
- Assist in becoming a preferred vendor to the top industry distributors
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in roles of increasing responsibility in direct and online sales, marketing and customer service, preferably in specialty wholesale markets or promotional products. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a strategic management role.
- A track record of profitably growing revenue while increasing customer conversion and retention.
- Extensive experience in analytics and an orientation toward metric-driven performance.
- Superior market analysis skills with solid understanding of consumer trends, online analytics, customer segmentation, competitor and market trend analysis.
- In depth understanding of marketing forecasting, planning, implementation, and performance analysis.
- Proven business and financial acumen and effective budget management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to craft innovative and profitable marketing strategies.
- Skilled in building and motivating sales and customer service professionals in a deadline driven, fast paced environment
- Builds capacity of sales and customer service team through effective team member development, communication and engagement. Must be able to develop trust and provide a level of leadership that provides vision, collaboration, respect, and drive for excellence.
- Balance high level, strategic work with hands-on orientation when needed. This “working executive” must be able to delegate as needed but understand that our culture requires a very hands-on level of effort.
- Strong communication skills with ability to build consensus. This includes the ability to adapt to different audiences and convey marketing strategies in a relatable manner.
- Highly self-aware leader with genuine desire to see others succeed.
- Resilient and flexible, but able to demonstrate conviction in ideas.
- Strong analytical abilities with a curiosity around assumptions and a willingness to explore alternatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Compensation will include a competitive base salary and performance based bonus