Senior Director of Global Procurement
Senior Director of Global Procurement
The Senior Director of Global Procurement owns the overall development ownership and management of negotiating and costing to drive vendor pricing with continuous buy-side margin excellence. Responsible for working cross functionally with retail and import leadership to develop and execute global procurement plan, negotiating strategy and training, with effective business analysis & and oversight to maximize profitability.
Key to success is integrating the understanding of regulatory requirements, social responsibility, quality and safety compliance, all as it relates into a profitable, seamless, and efficient business model. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills along with the ability to navigate business negotiations in multiple environments, particularly internationally, and a keen eye towards detail, strategic thinking and taking a solutions oriented approach to trouble-shooting.
- Oversee vendor mapping strategy and guide division on best way to utilize our vendor resources and allocate purchasing dollars.
- Continuously refine the negotiating culture and best practice refinement
- Streamline supply chain by continuously assessing and improving inventory management, procurement processes and procedures, and compressing lead-times through data analysis and cross-departmental strategy and alignment. Make recommendation for improvements, and where adopted assist in mapping and implementation.
- Rank order Preferred Vendors and aggressively work to establish “most favored” clauses to assure best price, priority and marketing allocations in line with our status.
- Responsible for coordination of logistics and shipment scheduling
- Proactively work to understand commodity costs, market analysis, divisional profit analysis / budgetary responsibility
- Manage team to focus on key metrics
- Support tracking of revenue to forecast.
- Responsibility to negotiate and continuously improve Preferred Vendor contracts terms and conditions to improve outcomes.
- Overall accountability for department purchasing and margin improvement including the oversight of purchase order management, sale interface on credits, co-op and allowances, and demand plan inventory
- Responsible for planning and executing exclusive vendor tradeshows and coordinate monthly supplier (Supplier Thursday) events.
- Exhibit and promote high levels of Spirit of Service (both internal and external customers) to ensure smooth operations and satisfied customers.
- Distribution oversight and understanding/analysis
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all laws, regulations, and internal policies and standards. Supervise and mentor the program buyers to ensure timely, complete, and accurate purchase orders maintaining program in stock rates of 100% for Key Drivers and 96% overall.
- Ensuring coordination of product testing, factory capability testing and social responsibility between buyer and compliance team
- Collaborate with retail leadership to manage retail program inventory per set targets for the following inventory metrics: Key Driver In stock %, Active Item in stock %, Program Turn Targets, Gross Margin, WOS, and Mark Down %.
- Assist by providing leadership in developing exit strategies for slow moving items and liquidation methodologies for obsolete inventories.
- Assist in the resolution of product quality problems.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files, histories, and statistical analysis on assigned program inventory activities.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned
Travel: As needed
- Minimum 15 years purchasing experience
- B.A. Business Administration or equivalent
- Consumer Products Costing Expertise
- Knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including strategic procurement, EOQ, and winning contract negotiations strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of Factory Capabilities, Compliance, and Code of Conduct
- Working knowledge and proven experience working with
- Working knowledge of customs, duty, and incoterms
- Wide knowledge of Consumer Products; with video gaming accessories a plus
- Demonstrated success within a multi-tasking, matrix management, cross-functional team environment with changing priorities and dynamic response times
- P&L ownership/experience
- Experience with Oracle or other similar ERP systems a plus
Traits & Skills
- Strategic, Analytical and Creative thinker
- Strong aptitudes for observation, analysis, design, and implementation of materials management process and control
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to develop and communicate vision
- Superior ability to educate, delegate and motivate direct reports
- Independent problem solving expertise, with tenacious enthusiasm to meet goals with a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers, vendors and internal customers and present to external clients
- Ability to recognize and act upon trend information
- Expertise in various business technology programs
- Self-Motivator and Detail Oriented
- Proven autonomy through high responsibility and result driven planning