Director of Client Services
Director of Client Services
- 7+ years business development/outside sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years experience managing and motivating outside sales people
- Proven track record of increasing sales or business opportunities through client development
- Ability to manage to budgets and financial reports. Understand financial aspects of sales role, gross margins, sales reports, etc.
- Previous experience in maintaining, as well as negotiating, with client partners
- Prior experience with ad specialty, advertising or promotions industry preferred but not required
Job Skills & Traits
-Experience in start-up, or highly entrepreneurial companies preferred
- Self starter, high energy, hard working, has drive to work hard and excel, and leads by example.
- Excellent client presentation skills. Experience pitching to/calling on Procurement, Marketing, C-level and other high level professionals. Detail oriented person with big picture vision
- Autonomy through high responsibility and result driven planning
- Proven ability to create strong client partnerships
- Ability to build consensus and generate excitement and enthusiasm for new initiatives
- Strong computer/technical aptitude and knowledge of managing results through computer reports/CRM systems
- Customer service to both internal and external clients
- Previous experience with high growth company preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30-50% for contact with staff as well as with clients
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of the Sales Leadership Team regarding overall business strategic planning
- Work with VP of Sales and Account Team leaders to set and implement sales strategies for growth of assigned accounts.
- Help Account Teams establish strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for new business development within assigned accounts. More specifically, lead team to develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Responsible for setting financial and other performance goals and targets for team(s) in support of strategic objectives. Work within assigned budgets to maintain profitability. Ensures that all team members are within and maximizing allocated expense budgets.
- Collaborate on new business proposals and presentations. Work with teams to develop creative ideas for client’s external marketing projects, sales promotions, trade shows, & internal corporate promotions (employee incentive, reward and recognition etc.) to ensure meeting or exceeding of teams’ sales budgets.
- Work with other sales management and operational leaders to ensure continued growth in both sales and profitability, while focusing on leading the assigned sales teams. Accountable to increase sales, profit, and success rate for staff and accounts.
- Build, recruit, train, retain and motivate teams. Assist in development of internal pipeline for future sales management opportunities. Make appropriate staffing recommendations to executive management. Assist with interviewing efforts as required.
- Mentor and coach staff. Challenge and empower staff and adapt management style to the individual personalities while maintaining fair and consistent expectations for team.
- Monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Research, analyze, and capitalize on market opportunities. Minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Encourage overall client relations – exhibit high levels of customer service to ensure smooth operations and long-term client partnerships. Develop positive, respectful, long-term relationships between company and clients.
- Maintain ease of process and high levels of professionalism when interacting with co-workers as well as the client, while allowing for flexibility and change within the office and client’s needs.
- Produce high quality service and products. Results driven, flexible and agile.
- Provide support for other Executive and Leadership initiatives and special projects to support company growth goals
- Perform your job with energy, accountability, urgency, deadlines, and passion. Work hard- Play hard philosophy!!
- Other performance expectations as defined by VP of Sales
Any travel involved? Yes
Any financial/budgetary responsibility? Yes
Strategic planning responsibilities? Yes
Number of staff reporting to this position: 5-15