Lead and direct all aspects of the Distribution Center to maximize performance and assure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide the leadership and a coordination point for all management for the respective facility location, whether reporting directly to the Distribution Center Manager or not.
- Direct staff: select, hire, train, coach, develop and assure performance. Administer discipline and assure moral.
- Develop and ensure adherence to operating and capital budgets for the Distribution Center.
- Promote, develop, and maintain a work environment that promotes employee inclusion, recognition and effective communication.
- Maintain effective, positive employee relations in the facility, in order to enable the company to attract, retain, and motivate highly qualified employees.
- Maintain a union free work environment.
- Develop new operating policies and procedures in the distribution process to foster and ensure continued process improvement.
- Interpret company strategy and translate those thoughts into the tactical plans and actions necessary for the Distribution Center to appropriately execute and support those strategies.
- Assign projects within the scope of responsibility.
- Hire, train, appraise and coach management-level team members.
- Develop facility's operating strategies, to manage future growth, improve quality and reduce operating cost
- Provide and promote a safe work environment.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, including but not limited to, all Federal, State and local OSHA regulations.
- Direct major facility changes upon approval from corporate office.
- Maintain an effective system of communicating relevant information to and from the corporate office.
- Direct and develop the local professional management/leadership team.
- Set, implement, and maintain local-based standards and measurement tools and processes.
- Implement new technologies and systems as required.
- Ensure high-demand, wholesale customer's expectations are met or exceeded consistently by Distribution Center
- Participate in various cross-functional and/or cross-facility process improvement initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the Distribution staff participating in developing companywide policy, procedure and practices and providing assistance as needed.
- Number of direct reports 4-6
- Total # of employees supervised 150
- Strong knowledge of distribution, and Distribution Center management required typically acquired through extensive experience and formal training at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Excellent comprehension, communication, and analytical skills necessary
- Knowledge of warehouse and material handling equipment essential
- Strong skills in planning, budgeting, organizing, controlling and communicating
- Familiarity with and/or exposure to various distribution-related technology and automation, including but not limited to, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Radio-Frequency (RF), and other computer-based systems technology
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and basic E-Mail packages/utilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Solid and mature business acumen
- Experience maintaining a cooperative, union-free work environment
- Superior team-building strengths in a participative environment
- Strong customer service orientation and philosophy
- 10+ years’ experience in the management of a fast-paced Distribution Center operating environment.
- 5 years’ management experience including experience maintaining a cooperative, union-free work environment.
- 3+ years Profit and Loss (P&L) accountability/responsibility.