The Vendor Relations Manager will work very closely with the marketing team to understand the company’s product strategy, product requirements and margin goals. The Manager will then create and execute a sourcing strategy that builds out a 3rd
party vendor network that meets; and ideally exceeds, these requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Vendor Relations Manager is responsible for building and managing relationships with promo vendors. The manager will negotiate annual programs and ensure that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality products and services on spec and on time.
Desired Skills and Background:
- Develop, manage, and optimize a network of vendors that meet the product strategy requirements.
- Direct and oversee vendor product line development and selection assuring that we focus on key product lines that will generate incremental sales and incremental profits
- Negotiate and collaborate with vendors to ensure that we have a very competitive offering. This includes preferred pricing and where appropriate, rebates, early pay discounts & reduced fees, etc.
- Create competitive tension when and where needed.
- Implement a performance management program that monitors factors such as delivery reliability, quality, and accuracy of estimates and invoices. Using a vendor scorecard the manager will track and analyze vendor performance.
- Monitor key on-line competitors.
- Ensure all vendors meet safety compliance standards and all compliance documents from vendors are cataloged.
- Be the face of our company to our vendors. Act as the interface between vendors and our business. Keep vendors informed on developments in the organization or changes in market conditions that might affect demand for vendors’ products or services.
- Dedicated, well organized professional with extensive experience in sourcing and vendor relations.
- Skilled in designing, improving, and managing the effectiveness and efficiency of overall sourcing processes to meet business and quality system requirements.
- A proven track record in the promo Industry.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Strong communicator
- Strong analytical qualities to monitor and review vendors’ financial and operational performances.
- Detailed oriented and able to prioritize and adapt quickly to changing solutions.