A growing distributorship has reached a milestone where operations capacity building is critical to meeting our next growth goals. The Remote Operations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to enhance customer experiences, improve departmental efficiencies and integration, improve technology applications and control operational costs. This role is being introduced to put a layer of management between owners and support resources. With this role in place, the CEO and President plan to re-allocate 75% of their time to business and product development, implementation of a newly developed umbrella brand and build new sources of revenue in digital marketing and global sourcing.
This position will lead an integrated team of customer experience support services professionals across the organization; presale customer experience, order initiation/entry, production management. Our client experience and order management roles are delivered by the iPROMOTEu Virtual Assistant Platform with experts who perform support services in accordance with requirements. We are their client. The Remote Operations Manager will also have oversight of iPROMOTEu’s work on our behalf in invoicing and A/R. In addition the Remote Operations Manager will be responsible for the resources we use for IT managed services, e-commerce and order management.
We are looking for someone with:
Minimum of 5 years direct management experience in various operations business units such as customer service, order processing, order management, finance and IT. Capable of overseeing business operations when CEO and President are absent and/or working on new revenue opportunities.
The person assuming this role is uber organized, loves improving processes, and applies a sense of ownership in everything they do for the organization. You are good with numbers, specifications and quantifying. You have a deep respect for people whether they are team member resources, supply chain partners or clients.
- Provide decision making oversight for a self-directed team of support services consultants who integrate together to manage the customer experience from incoming order initiation to delivery and invoicing.
- Implement strategies that will increase operational efficiencies across the organization.
- Develop written KPI’s for all internal processes within each support services role.
- Interface and manage iPROMOTEu interface operationally. Understand and use the client dashboard to manage daily operations.
- Review management reports to see that business operations are running smoothly and develop new reports where it provides greater oversight and less interference with team members’ daily work.
- Review and approve all company invoices presented in our dashboard by an invoicing team at iPROMOTEu.
- Inventory management
- Manage and develop greater capacity and process for backend Web process for client-side web assets
Required Skills and Experience:
- Management experience includes process design and experience meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience with client-facing processes.
- Ability to engage with clients on behalf of the company if there is an operations issue or
- a leadership representative is needed when owners are out on vacation.
- Experience supporting e-commerce operations
- Experience in people management, client interfacing and supply chain relationships.
- Strategic planning, organizational and personnel management skills.
- Approachable, personable hands on, roll-up-your sleeves leadership style.
- Advanced analytical and Excel skills a must
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters a plus.
- Work environment: This position is remote
- Healthcare: Company will pay a healthcare stipend
- Bonus: Based on company profitability driven by improved efficiencies. Usually 5- 10%. This is not guaranteed and is directly connected to meeting organizational goals.