The Account Executive is essentially the face of our business from a client representative standpoint. They are ultimately responsible for driving revenue growth within an assigned client base, as well as finding new revenue opportunities through prospecting activities. The Account Executive also works in tandem with an assigned account manager to effectively manage and grow a book of business.
An Account Executive’s day-to-day is to provide branded merchandise solutions to our clients and prospects using our core competencies, while using clear and consistent communications with buyers, provide ongoing exemplary customer service, and build/ maintain relationships with buyers. Account Executives are driven, dedicated self-starters who work to fully understand clients, systems and processes. A positive attitude with the ability to work efficiently and independently or as a team is a must.
Product & Services
- Understand each assigned client’s business model and purchasing structure
- Maintain and grow an existing book of business
- Discover and bring on new opportunities and clients that are the ideal fit for our business
- Conduct calls and email communication directly with buyers within each assigned client
- Work as a team with an assigned Account Manager
- Source products and obtain quotes for initiatives and for direct client requests
- Obtaining quotes on shipping/freight needs
- Create product presentations for direct client/prospect requests
- Enter Opportunities, Sales Orders, and POs, and track order progress. (when Account Manager is not assigned)
- Attend meetings, tradeshows, and events as business dictates and on a case-by-case basis
- Attend vendor meetings as needed or as business dictates
- Run reports on sales activity and ongoing projects as needed
- Provide sales point-of-contact support for identified client initiatives including webstore ordering, webstore contact us requests, custom order needs, inventory management strategies, etc.
- Work with Account Manager to identify and keep track of new key contacts as product sourcing/requests come up
- Oversees assigned client website functionality in tandem with the assigned Account Manager
- Stay attuned to and learn about current and trending products, services, and technology
- Research, develop, and recommend new product & services with an emphasis on creativity, usability, and budget
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve company goals.
- Work effectively as part of the sales team to achieve sales and margin goals
- Participate as a member of the sales team to develop creative programs and solutions for clients
- Work in tandem with team members
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner regarding opportunities and client issues
Financial & Business Operation
Education, Experience, Skills, Expertise
- Operate in a financially responsible manner and achieve sales and profit objectives
- Maintain updated notes and activities in the CRM system and adhere to company policies and practices regarding use of sales and management tools.
- Complete assigned reporting and other tasks accurately, professionally, and on schedule.
- Perform and complete duties as deemed appropriate by management
- Impeccable reputation and a fit with our core values
- 4-year degree in business, marketing, communications, or related programs is preferred; however, experience and a proven work history is most important
- 2+ years of proven Account Executive/Sales experience in the Promotional and/or Print industry is preferred
- Experience with promotional logo merchandise, print production, apparel programs, e-commerce solutions, recognition, and/or product development is a must
- Proven experience in customer service, marketing, inside + outside sales, pricing, and relationship management are all must haves
- A passion for marketing, creativity, trends, merchandise and product sourcing is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Order Management & CRM systems (Ex. Salesforce), experience with social media, and e-commerce are a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Business casual appearance with ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of passion to succeed, sense of urgency and a strong level of self-motivation
- Strong written & verbal communication, organizational and time management skills, plus the ability to multi-task
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guidelines and handle multiple responsibilities within an identified time frame
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Verbal communication and listening
- Grab, pull, or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- General office environment + Remote based work
- Travel to meetings and events with current and prospective clients.
- Required travel ranges from 0%-15%. *Includes both local and out-of-state travel